Bringing Books to the People

Bringing Books to the People
The Book Bus

Jun 23, 2013

Rites by Sophie Coulombeau

DISCLAIMER - I adore the woman who wrote this book and the night before I started this blog post nearly a year ago, she'd just made me dinner. Also, this book has my name in the back. My copy also has a hand-drawn picture of a dinosaur in the prelim pages.

Here's a book about choices, and circumstance, and opportunity and icy-poles in Summer. The bravery, stupidity and calamity of adolescence where truth and duty begin to fray their edges - it's all here.

The way she writes about everything awkward, awful, harrowing and defining about growing up, you'd think she was the world's most articulate teenager. She might have been, but she's not any more.

I'm not going to say any more than this, except look out for her next one - you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Congratulations Soph.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment